Redeeming Love

I am normally not much of a reader... I think something happened in high school that just totally wrecked my appreciation for a good book. Maybe it was all of those annoying novels we always had to read... anyways, I remember loving to read when I was little. I read Nancy Drew and the Boxcar Kids - I read all sorts of books and loved it. We were at Barnes and Noble yesterday, and I was looking through the Christian fiction section and came across Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Almost every girl I know is in love with this book.

If you have read it please let me know what you think. If you have heard of it, let me know what you think also. I would love to start reading it... it's pretty intimidating to someone who hasn't read anything (but the Bible and other non-fiction Christian books) to take on a 400-something page book.. Yikes!

15 comments:

Faith said...

You have to read "Redeeming Love." It's a wonderful, wonderful book! You'll love it and you'll probably finished it within 4 days, it's that good. The warning is that you won't get much sleep, 'cause you'll stay up until 1:00a.m. to see what happens next. Read it and tell me what you thought. All Francine Rivers books are excellent, you'll get hooked on her.

Jerilynn said...

Hey - maybe we should have a blog book club and we could start with this book. I have never heard of it and I READ a lot!

Faith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JBailey said...

I would love to start a book blog!! Let's read this one... another one that I want to read that we can read later is called The Shack.. it looks amazing!! I have heard really good things about that one too!

Jerilynn said...

Lacy - Jessica has or had her blog set to where she had to approve the comments beofre they posted. so, they don't appear right a after yiu write them. I have the shack on my ipod from audible and Jill and I are about 2 hours from being done. It wasn't quite what I expected, but i am anxious to hear the ending.

Jessica - I have seen the music player on your blog both times today. I am not sure what you are hab=ving trouble with?

Faith said...

A book blog would be great! I just started a book called "The Shack." A friend gave it to me and she said it's one of those life changing fictions (Francine Rivers books are like that).

Jerilynn said...

I checked out the Francine Rivers book today. Who else can we get to read it????
I'll try tonight to make us a button for our blogs and set up a new BOOK CLUB blog. any ideas for a blog name??????
Do we want to stick with Christian fiction...etc. Let me know!

JBailey said...

oh gosh... a name... I have no idea. Hmm.. let me think about it. I would like to stick with Christian Fiction, it would be fun to see the Bible come alive in different stories.

Faith said...

How about Book Junkie? That's all that's comin' to me right now, I'll think about it too.

Faith said...

Sorry about all the comments, I finally figured out that Jessica had to approve them, I did delete my obnoxious comments!

JBailey said...

yeah.. I got nothing on the title of the blog, BUT i do have the book!! are we ready to start reading?? I'm so excited!

Jerilynn said...

Ok - I thought about "Must Love Books" and I love "Book Junkie" too!
Creeps - I am already 1/3 of the way through the book. It is awesome. The Biblical references are so subtle and yet bold at the same time. It is hard to explain. I am really enjoying it.

JBailey said...

Sweet!! I like Book Junkie. I'll start today and see how it goes!! I am so glad that you are liking it!!!

Faith said...

I got more suggestions for books, 'cause it won't take ya'll long to read this one. The only thing is I've read the ones I want to you to read. I'll just read them again!!

Post a Comment