What a Change!

Wow, so much has happened in the last week! We are excited to announce that we have a new apartment!!! Our complex is called Cross Creek at Grapevine Ranch ::: Click Here ::: Check out the pictures on the website - it's awesome! It is in Grapevine, Texas - hip hip hooray! Grapevine is such an awesome town. It's right in the middle of the metroplex, but it's hidden by a bunch of trees. They have the coolest downtown area. It feels like you have stepped back in time onto an old movie set. They have festivals and all sorts of family-friendly events all of the time!

Now for the big news.... drum roll please...............................................

We are no longer a Cares Team! We are very excited about this and have so much peace. It's really been a long time coming, honestly. We are definitely not the typical 'poster children' for Apartment Life. Some how we have managed to slip through the cracks with the organization, and God has given us the freedom to release ourselves from our commitment. We realized after a while that we were doing it for the wrong reasons (free apartment and bonus at the end). The residents deserve better than that. It hasn't been an easy season and we are looking forward to married life without the extra 70 hour/month commitment.

Both Andrew and I have a heart and calling for ministry, but that just wasn't it. We are excited that we now have the opportunity to get involved in different ministries at church and take classes so that we can grow in our relationships with God and be more effective in ministry and life in general!

Pictures of the new place to come !!

Love you all!

3 comments:

Jerilynn said...

that's great news Jessica - I am so glad that you have peace of heart about your new life direction. It sounds like you have some fun and stress free days and months ahead of you - enjoy them like newlyweds should!

Jill said...

Congratulations you guys! I absolutely LOVE Grapevine. It is the neatest little town and I know you will love living there. I can imagine that your decision did not come easily, but I know you will be happy with whatever your future holds!

Molly said...

I'm so excited for you and Andrew and can't wait to see what God has in store for you NOW!!!! Enjoy your free time and I love the apt. Can't wait to come over for dinner and to spend more time with you both. Thanks for a wonderful Mother's Day! Love you..:)

Post a Comment