Well, this may come as a shocker to those who follow my blog... seeing as how my last post tells you all about my clients... but I was laid-off this past Wednesday.
My boss(es) are incredible and were heart broken to let me go. It was a very hard decision for them, and I know that they are devestated that they had to lay off two other people besides me as well. The economy is affecting churches and ministries so much. Instead of putting off projects for a couple of months, they are just decided to not do them all togehter.
I have a really sweet story that came out of the whole sad experience though! I have been wanting to learn how to play the guitar. My boss was going to teach me once I got one because he said that I needed to be able to practice. He has a guitar up at the office and will randomly burst into song - I love it. Anyways, after our meeting he told me that he will still give me lessons and even help me get a guitar when I'm ready. :) Through the tears running down my face I told him I was ready. After I packed up my stuff and was walking out, he asked me if I was going to hold him to it (helping me get a guitar). I said heck yeah! He gave me a huge hug and said, "well here you can have mine. I want you to take it." After telling him no a couple of times I conceeded. He found the case for it and put it in my car for me. I have already learned two songs and am loving it!
While having a guitar and not having to wait quite a few months to save up for one is awesome. There is still the problem of not having a job. Andrew and I had a plan - we budget and live off of my income and use his to get out of debt as soon as possible. Please pray for us as we seek the Lord as to what to do next and where to go. I really want to work for a ministry, but don't know where to start.
We love you and hope to see you all soon! If I don't get to post again soon - have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!! If you haven't seen the movie, The Nativity Story, please watch that with your families.

3 comments:
aawwhh-I'm so sorry to hear about your job. The LORD has great things planned for you. Merry Christmas things will work out!
Jessica - I am so sorry about your job. I know that you were rally loving it and this came as such a let down. You know God closes doors and opens windows Ü It will be exciting to see what blessings you have revealed to you through this experience. Hugs and prayers - Jerilynn
I agree with all of the above! Love you lots! Lacy
Post a Comment